We all love playing Holi. While it is a fun festival filled with colors, it comes with a lot of consequences on our skin. Whether the colors you use are organic or non organic, they are still going to affect your skin and would not come off easily. Also, staying in the sun for a long time can damage the skin. You need not to be worried, we have got you all covered with simple tips and tricks. So be prepared to play a carefree Holi. Here we go:
1. Moisturize your skin: Before stepping out of your house, apply a rich moisturizer with a high SPF on your face and neck. Otherwise, put on moisturizer and then you can apply a sunscreen. Also, you can use face serums that will not only prevent your skin but will also help in getting off the colors off your face. Also apply the moisturizer on all those parts which will be exposed to colors. Give a good massage with a coconut oil or olive oil till it gets absorbed in your skin. They will act as a barrier and wouls not let the colors get absorbed.
2. Covering your body: The constant splashes of water and the chemicals used in colors can sometimes take a heavy toll on your skin. We all know that prevention is always better than cure. So, prefer wearing a full sleeved
kurta or top and full length salwar or joggers. This will protect you from colors as well as sun.
3. Wear a skin friendly fabric: Opt for a nice and breathable fabric, because synthetic fabrics can cause rashes when they come into contact with water and colors.
4. Save the nails: The colors once settled into your nails do not come off easily. It can enter your body while you have food and cause some allergy or infection. Make sure to keep your nails short and apply 1-2 coats of nail
paint. Also massage some coconut oil on the linings of your nails that will act as a barrier between your nails and colors.
5. Keep your skin hydrated: till now we have talked about outer skin hydration. It is important to keep your skin hydrated from outside as well internally. A dehydrated skin gets easily damaged. So make sure you are having water or juice in a gap of 20-30 minutes.
6. Consult a skin doctor: If you have a skin problem that you are currently getting treatment for, then it is best to consult your skin specialist beforehand. They can suggest you the precautions you need to take before playing holi.
7. Removing colors from your skin: Do not rub your skin rigorously. First apply a normal or regular cleanser that will remove the colors on your skin. To remove the colors that have been absorbed in your skin, take a cotton pad and dip it into any oil and dab it on to your skin. Leave it for 5-10 minutes and then wash it off again. Do not try to get off the colors in one go as it can irritate your skin and damage it. After washing your skin, put a nice moisturizer.