In melasma, brown spots appear on the face. Modern research has shown that 50 percent of women are troubled by the problem of melasma during pregnancy. In some women, the problem of melasma ends after pregnancy, while in some women the problem of melasma increases after pregnancy. If you are also suffering from melasma then do not worry, because you can do melasma treatment at home.
What is melasma during pregnancy?
In melasma, there are brown or gray marks or spots on the face. This disease is more commonly seen in women aged 20 to 50 years.
There are mainly three types of melasma:-
Centrofacial: – Spots of Centro facial melasma are visible on the head, upper lips, nose, and chin.
Malar: – In Malar Melasma, marks are mainly visible on the upper part of the cheeks.
Mandibular: – In mandibular melasma, marks are visible on the mandibular.
- Dark brown spots on the face
- The spots are mainly on the nose, neck, and upper lip.
- There is no pain or burning in them.
The causes of melasma can be:-
Sunlight (Ultra Volet Rays):- Melasma is caused by prolonged exposure to sunlight. Sunlight is the biggest cause of melasma. Melasma occurs the most in summer because in summer there is more secretion of melanin pigment on the face. Due to this, the spots on the face become more visible.
Contraceptive pill: – Women also have the problem of melasma due to excessive consumption of contraceptive pills. Taking birth control pills causes changes in the hormones of women’s bodies. This causes the problem of melasma.
Other reasons: – Hormone replacement therapy, genetics, excessive antibiotics, steroids, etc. can also cause melasma.
How is Melasma on Dark Skin Treated?
Most of the time, no special treatment is needed to treat melasma. Using creams that are available over-the-counter (OTC) from a pharmacist can help reduce the spots of melasma on dark skin. Apart from this, the help of laser therapy can be taken. On the other hand, melasma on dark skin can be treated in the following way. Like:
Chemical peel – Chemical peel can be used to remove dark spots on the skin. Glycolic acid is present in chemical peels, which can help get rid of spots.
Microdermabrasion – Microdermabrasion is an invasive cosmetic procedure used to remove problems related to skin tone.
Micro-needling – Fine needles are used to remove melasma. However, the option of the micro-needling process is opted for in rare cases only.
Melasma dark patches on the skin can be treated in these different ways. In addition to treatment, some measures can be taken to get rid of melasma forever.
Natural remedies for melasma Treatment
You can follow this melasma treatment for Indian skin home remedies during pregnancy:
Take lemon juice in cotton and apply it to the affected area. Leave it for 20 minutes. Massage gently for 2 minutes and wash off with lukewarm water. Lemon juice naturally lightens the skin tone. Lemon’s acidity helps to lighten the melasma’s black patches.
Apple Cider Vinegar
Mix apple cider vinegar in 1 teaspoon of water and apply it on the spots of melasma. Let it air dry for 10 minutes. Then, rinse your face with lukewarm water. Acetic acid, which is present in apple cider vinegar and works well as bleach, is present. The skin becomes smooth and radiant after it removes imperfections.
Mix 1 teaspoon of turmeric with 2 tablespoons of milk and apply it on the spots. Once 20 minutes have passed, rinse off the mask with warm water. Turmeric has anti-oxidant elements, which help in removing facial blemishes.
Aloe Vera gel contains polysaccharides that remove the melasma scars and brings back the original glow of the skin. Along with this, it removes dead skin. First, cut the aloe Vera in half and take out the gel from it. Apply this gel on the spots of melasma and massage it with light hands leave it on and let it set for 15 to 20 minutes. Once your face is clean, wash it with water
Diet in Melasma Disease
Your diet for melasma during pregnancy should be like this:-
- To prevent excessive secretion of estrogen hormones, a diet rich in fiber should be eaten.
- Oranges, apples, grapes, and vegetables like broccoli, cabbage, sprouted gram, etc. should be included in the food.
- Foods rich in folic acids such as citrus fruits, green leafy vegetables, and whole grains should be eaten, as a lack of folic acid can lead to an increase in melasma.
- Foods rich in Vitamin C and Vitamin E- These vitamins are antioxidant-rich elements, which nourish the skin and prevent the growth of melasma. These vitamins are found in citrus fruits, kiwis, almonds, and fish.
- Fruit juice- Drinking a glass of orange juice daily in the morning prevents the problem of melasma.
- Drink more water- Drink more water, as it reduces the melasma spots (melasma Ayurveda treatment).
- Use of sunscreen – Use sunscreen (SPF 30 or more) all the time, as ultraviolet rays cause melasma. So apply SPF sunscreen before stepping out in the sun. Sunscreen containing zinc oxide or litenipamide oxide is best.
You’re Lifestyle during Melasma
Exercise- Do regular exercise. Walking, cycling, running, ng, etc. help reduce melasma.
Yoga- Some helpful yogasanas to remove dark spots are as follows-
- Surya Namesake
Avoid These in Melasma Disease
- Do not smoke, drink alcohol, etc.
- Spicy, salty foods and drinks, brinjal, etc. should not be eaten.
- Junk food like pizza, burgers, cold drinks, pastries, etc should not be eaten.
- Do not eat food high in sugar, gluten, and yeast
Dealing with skin changes during pregnancy can be stressful. Fortunately, chloasma usually disappears a few after birth.
You can make several lifestyle adjustments to stop the disease from worsening while you are pregnant. If not, discuss the various treatment for melasma during pregnancy choices and their advantages and disadvantages with your doctor.