With increasing age, the skin starts losing its luster. Wrinkles start appearing on the face and your skin starts becoming lifeless. But nowadays there are many such products in the market, by which you can stop aging. Have you ever wondered what is there in these beauty products that give so many benefits to your skin? Actually, glycolic acid is the main ingredient in most beauty products like your face wash, toner and many creams. Read on to know how glycolic acid Benefits for skin and its regular use can cause damage to the skin.
How does glycolic acid Beneficial for skin?
Glycolic acid produces a protein called collagen in your skin. The amount of collagen in your skin works to make your skin look young. Collagen makes your skin flexible and strong. Collagen is also essential for anti-aging. However, with aging and exposure to sunlight, collagen starts to deplete. But, you can stop the process of collagen degradation. This will reduce the wrinkles on your skin and the skin will start glowing. Due to which your youth will start appearing.
Glycolic acid repairs the skin, Glycolic acid is used in most beauty products. It is an organic water soluble carbon molecule. It is called alpha hydroxy acid (AHA).Lactic acid, malic acid, tartaric acid, and citric acid are examples of alpha-hydroxy acids. Up to 10 percent glycolic acid is found in many beauty products. Reduces pigmentation Glycolic acid reduces blemishes from your skin. With this you can also avoid the strong light of the sun. Glycolic reduces hyperpigmentation from the face. Apart from this, it acts as an anti-aging agent for your skin. Prevents black heads, bloating, breakouts from your face with glycolic acid.
How can it be used?
From face washes, lotions, toners and chemical peels, glycolic acid is present. By the way, it is better to consult a dermatologist before buying any beauty product containing glycolic acid, as he will advise you on the best product according to your skin needs. It is generally recommended to use only beauty products containing 10% glycolic acid, use products with more than this under the supervision of a dermatologist. Those with sensitive and dry skin should only use products with 5% glycolic acid. Apart from this, glycolic acid combined with other acids make your skin more sensitive to the sun, so make sure to apply sunscreen before going out and use hats, scarves etc to protect the skin from the sun.
Use For Skin whitening
Glycolic acid benefits for skin by Skin whitening helps to brighten your skin and remove fine lines. Actually, glycolic acid is such an exfoliant, which easily goes inside the skin. This makes your skin fresh, young and repaired faster. Glycolic acid removes dead cells from the skin, which makes your complexion fair. Glycolic acid also clogs the pores. Keep in mind – If you have dry skin then you should reduce the use of products containing glycolic acid. Use sunscreen before using a product containing this acid. Use such products only 3 times a week. Avoid using too much. If you are taking any treatment then its use should be avoided.
Glycolic acid Benefits for Skin
- Glycolic acid being a natural exfoliant makes the skin healthy and glowing. This makes the skin soft and supple. Wrinkles, signs of anti-aging do not appear on the face due to prolonged use of products containing glycolic acid. Apart from this, it makes the face smooth, due to which acne and other types of stains disappear.
- Glycolic acid gives numerous benefits to skin used to revive skin damaged by UV rays. When sunlight absorbs the moisture of the skin and dries it, then the use of glycolic acid brings back the lost moisture and radiance in the skin.
- Pigmentation and brown marks are one of the common skin problems. With regular use of glycolic acid, the complexion gets rid of these problems as well.
- In some cases, the use of glycolic acid can get rid of the problem of acne. It balances oily and dry skin in such a way that the problem of acne is solved.
- Glycolic acid face wash cleansing the skin, it also gets nourishment and moisturizer.
Glycolic Acid Side Effects
- Because it is a very powerful acid. A small amount should be used for the treatment of the skin. If you want, you can consult a skin doctor about its quantity.
- Glycolic acid is not suitable for chemical peeling of all skin types. Your doctor can better tell the exact amount of glycolic acid to be applied to the skin. That’s why sometimes you do not start using glycolic acid on your own.
- The biggest side effect of glycolic acid is that it leaves black and brown marks on the face after peeling. Apart from this, itching, redness and swelling also occur in the skin
Be careful while using
If you have dark skin tone, then definitely consult a dermatologist before using glycolic acid , because while it is very effective for some people, its use can be problematic for some. Those with dark skin tone may have problems with irritation and more blemishes. They should always use skin care products with low glycolic acid and that too after consulting a dermatologist.
The lower the amount of this acid in the product, the less its side effects on the skin, so it is usually recommended to use a product containing 1 to 10% glycolic acid. Many peels contain 30 to 40 percent glycolic acid. Such products are used by dermatologists because they are the only ones who know how to use it properly.
End :- Important things to know
If you are going to use a product containing that contain glycolic acid Benefits ,there are a few things to keep in mind:
- This makes the skin more sensitive to the sun, so you need to be extra careful when stepping out.
- Do not use glycolic acid daily for the first time, first check the effect on the skin. So try it 3 times a week, if your skin does not get irritated, it is not red, then you can use it four times a week. Similarly, gradually you can use it daily, but if your skin starts getting irritated or becomes red, then stop using it for a few days and talk to the dermatologist about it.
- In the first few days of glycolic treatment, your skin may look a bit dry and lifeless, but if you do not have any kind of irritation then keep using glycolic acid, in a few days your skin will become soft and glowing.